Following 10 days of nationwide mourning, the Queen’s funeral will occur on Monday (Sept 19).
Queen Elizabeth, who was the longest reigning monarch in UK historic previous, sadly handed away on Sept 8 at her Scottish home Balmoral aged 96.
Buckingham Palace launched her dying in an announcement at spherical 6:30pm, writing: “The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.”
Her Majesty lay in state for 24 hours in Edinburgh sooner than being launched once more to London and fairly a couple of family vigils have taken place.
She is at current lying in state for 4 days in Westminster hall as tens of hundreds of thousands file earlier to specific their condolences ahead of the funeral on Monday.
Millions are anticipated to take a look at the ceremony dwell on TV, nevertheless how prolonged will it last? Read on to look out out…
Where is the Queen’s funeral?
Her Majesty’s funeral will occur at Westminster Abbey in London, which can seat 2,200 people.
The Abbey shall be full of world leaders, notable figures and dignitaries from the world over who shall be seated prolonged sooner than the funeral begins.
Doors to the church will open at 8am, allowing everyone to gather inside sooner than the ceremony begins three hours later.
Entry to the Palace of Westminster, the place the Queen’s coffin has been lying in state, might have been closed at 6:30am.
You’ll be succesful to look at the funeral dwell on all principal data retailers worldwide, along with BBC, Sky News, ITV News and Channel 4 News throughout the UK.
As properly as with the power to look at it on TV, many data web sites will even be stream the funeral on-line on YouTube and social media web sites.
How prolonged will the funeral last?
The funeral ceremony will last for an hour, nevertheless the whole event along with processions sooner than and after shall be spherical two and a half hours prolonged.
Here is what’s going to happen on Monday:
- 10.35am: The Queen’s coffin shall be lifted from Westminster Hall the place she has been lying in state.
- 10.44am: The carriage holding the coffin will set off to Westminster Abbey.
- 11am: The funeral ceremony will begin.
- 11.55am: The Last Post will sounds and there shall be two minutes of silence all through the UK.
- 12pm: The state funeral will end.
- 12.15pm: The carriage will set off on a 45 minute procession adopted by the Royal Family.
- 1pm: The procession will attain Wellington Arch and Her Majesty shall be put into the state hearse.
She will then be pushed to St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle the place she shall be laid to leisure alongside her husband Philip.
The funeral procession route
After the ceremony, Elizabeth’s coffin will journey all through London in a procession that may last for 45 minutes.
Here is the route:
- Parliament Square (south and east sides)
- Parliament Street
- Horse Guards Parade (by means of Horse Guards Arch)
- Horse Guards Road
- The Mall
- Queen’s Gardens (south and west sides)
- Constitution Hill
- Apsley Way
- Wellington Arch